Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Fav-Rah Update Part 3: See Ya Brett

Brett Favre arrived in Green Bay at 12:22 AM Monday night.  His first day at training camp he sat in meetings with Packers coaching staff managers and decided that it would be better to trade Brett Favre.  The front page on ESPN's homepage right now reads, "Release Me," with a picture of Favre after his talks today.  In a statement to ESPN Favre said, 
"We're at a stalemate," Favre said. "Mike and I both agreed last night that me being out there is a distraction and will continue to be a distraction. We all know the reason I'm here is because the commissioner [Roger Goodell] reinstated me so we have a lot of things to figure out. It's simple and complicated, both at the same time."
The only question now is where will Favre go?  He requested talking to the Vikings and the Bears, but the Packers declined both teams, as they are both NFC rivals.  I can not see Brett playing in Minnesota, but who knows.  I think the Pack' will try and deal him to an AFC team, maybe the Jets or Miami even.  Brett does not want to play for the Jets, so this situation could be tricky, just like Favre said above.

No comments: