Monday, November 3, 2008

DETROIT Basketball


My current local hometown NBA team, the Detroit Pistons has officially traded for 33 year old PG Allen Iverson, from the Denver Nuggets.  AI was traded to Motown for Chauncey Billups, Antonio McDyess and Cheikh Samb.  I do not know if this deal will help either of the teams.  I believe it will only mess up the chemistry of both teams, and slow them down to start the season.  With high profile athletes like this being traded so early in the season, I only expect imminent problems.  I believe the Nuggets could have the better season if Billups falls into his usual role as a leader and scorer with the Nuggets.  Carmello could have made out the best on this deal.  He now has someone that will pass it to him more than AI would, along with some added defensive pressure to help tire out thos western conference teams.

I do not know if Allen Iverson is the right answer in Detroit.  Joe Dumars has always gone out on a limb with his draft picks and decisions and so far they have almost all been correct.  AI will make his Piston debut in Toronto on Wednesday night.  To read the rest of the ESPN article click HERE.

No comments: