Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Law School Update

I am now in week number 11, of my first term at law school here in Michigan. Everything is going well so far. A lot of reading, as expected, but nothing I can't handle. We had midterms for the first and only time in our law school careers about 3/4 weeks ago. I did decent but expect a lot better from myself on the final exam.

Cooley has 3 terms or trimesters, unlike most law schools who only have two semesters. This makes the law school life a little different and more compact as everything is crammed into about three months or so, giving students less time to do anything but work. Cooley is the only law school I have heard of that has midterm exams, only for first term students. I don't know if that hurts or helps, with the midterms only counting for 10% of students overall grades. It is more like a checkpoint to wake up law students half way between your first term and make sure they are keeping up. No worries here, as I am already studying for final and finishing my outlines. I need to get all A's this first semester, anything less will be a huge disappointment.

I have my first Moot Court Bailiff opportunity today in a little. As a bailiff you do not do much with the Moot Court. It is only to get a look at the competition and decide it that is for you in the future. I have not taken evidence or Crim Pro and can not compete in the competitions yet either. I will let you know how it goes today...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on finals. Keep in mind that a huge percentage of your class will achieve less than a 2.0 gpa and end up on academic probation next semester. Remember the website of the tutor I posted a couple of months ago.